Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Travel Log #3

While traveling around the world, I like to write journal entries for some of my more favorite places i've been to, and some crazy things that have happened, and well, here it is.

After traveling in the Hajj caravan for several weeks, we arrived in Madinah.  We spent four nights in the Holy Mosque, resting and recuperating for our last leg of the journey towards Mecca.  The Mosque was beautiful, Qurans were stacked all over, offering great Muslim knowledge to others, many young scholars were studying, others singing heavenly songs of praise to God, it was wonderful.  We all got back on our camels and eagerly moved on.  After a little bit, there it was, the Holy City of Mecca.  I did my Muslim duties at the Kaba, and praised God who I could feel was with us during the period of our visit.  While my original intention was just to visit the Holy city, that was not the case by any means, I was a traveller and traveling is what would become my new passion and reason in life. After praying five times a day, everyday, as far back as I can remember, visiting the ka'ba for the first time stands out to me, as one of the most memorable moments of my life, I was ecstatic as I repeated the actions of the prophet who had gone and done the same thing I did about uhh... what, 600 years ago?  Around there?  Anyway it was a blast.  I now consider the pillar of making a hajj not even a requirement, it was my honor and proud responsibility as a Muslim to have taken upon such a righteous and wonderful quest of traveling to the Holy City.  So with my final goal accomplished, and my passion for travel realized, I decided I would take my time to travel the most scenic route possible back home.  

1 comment: