Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Travel Log #1

While traveling around the world, I like to write journal entries for some of my more favorite places i've been to, and some crazy things that have happened, and well, here it is.

As a faithful Muslim, I naturally decided to go on my pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca.  That was my original plan at least.  As I traveled, I became enthralled with all the vast wonders of the world, and I decided I would travel wherever fate took me.  I headed out east across the Mediterranean to Ifriqyyah (all the young kids call it Algeria for some reason),  and then to Tunis.  While traveling I got pretty sick, and two fellow travelers fell sick as well.  One died, poor guy, he was always so quiet.  The other guy recovered, even with the odds against him.  I heard he got into some conflict with his unscrupulous government.  I heard his wealth was taken away from him, "because they thought he was going to die", yeah great reason, why don't they give it back then?  Id like to think everything turned out all right, that gold was for his heirs who were in need.  From that point, I became determined that should I die, "it shall be on the road with my face set towards the land of the hajj"

1 comment:

  1. Ibn! Your blog looks cool, man! Haven't seen you in a bit since you've been moving all over the place! By the way, is there anywhere in particular that you found to be more interesting than others? Take care, Ibn, and keep the faith! Allah Akbar!

    ReplyDelete